To qualify for the Scholarship, you must:
- Be accepted to a guitar, bass, drum, keyboard or voice Certificate, Associate or Bachelor Degree program at Musicians Institute for the Spring 2012 start.
- Submit a written statement explaining your musical background and why you feel you deserve this scholarship.
- Demonstrate exceptional performing ability on your instrument and serious commitment to a music education.
There will be four winners selected. The first, second, and third place winners will each receive up to $12,000 USD in tuition credit ($2000 per quarter credited against tuition due for up to six quarters). The fourth place winner will receive up to $6000 USD in tuition credit ($1000 per quarter credited against tuition due for up to six quarters). The scholarship is in the form of tuition credit only; no cash sums will be provided, and any tuition credit balance that is unused for any reason may not be redeemed for cash or transferred to any other person.
Finalists will be notified by November 18, 2011.
Scholarship recipients must continue to meet all academic requirements and standards of conduct while enrolled at MI. If a recipient’s GPA falls below 2.5, the award may be suspended or revoked.
- Video Recording: Video performance of two songs, any style, demonstrating your musical abilities and stylistic strength.
- Written statement: A one-page personal statement describing any special circumstances that should be taken into consideration when evaluating your qualifications, such as personal character, musical goals, and/or hardships.
- Letter of recommendation: One letter of recommendation (maximum of one Page), from someone outside of your family who knows you as a person and a musician. The recommendation should include the length of time that they have known you; speak about your character, commitment to music, or any other relevant information; and state why they think you should receive this scholarship.
- Photo: a clear photograph of yourself (maximum 5in. x 7in.)
- Contact information: current telephone, email and home address.
- Deliver complete package by mail or courier to:
International Student Office
6752 Hollywood Blvd,
Hollywood, CA 90028
Attention: Dan Diaz, Director of International Student Affairs
If you wish to submit your scholarship application materials electronically, please send to Travis Johnson at [email protected]
For more information, please visit official website