Researcher doctoral student in biostatistics (2×2 year)
The candidate will conduct research within the framework of a project aimed at discovery and validation of biomarkers for Alzheimer’s disease. The project includes both metodological (development of novel approaches to validation of biomarkers by using historical data) and applied (application of the developed methodology to existing experimental and clinical data) aspects. The candidate will closely collaborate with researchers at CenStat and IDDI.
- You have a strong quantitative background;
- You are intrinsically motivated, think analytically and creatively, work in an organised and focused manner ;
- You enjoy working in a multidisciplinary environment (statistics, computer sciences, molecular biology, biochemistry);
- Experience in the use of statistical/mathematical software such as SAS, R, Matlab etc., is strongly recommended.
Licentiate, Master, or equivalent diploma in (bio)statistics, mathematics, bioinformatics, or a related field.
The appointment takes effect from 16.05.2011 for a period of 2×2 years. The candidate will be appointed at the Center for Statistics (CenStat), the UHasselt entity of the Interuniversity Institute for Biostatistics and statistical Bioinformatics.
- Content job responsibilities:
- Content terms of employment and selection procedure: Yves Soen, 011-26 80 85, [email protected]
Applicants must use the official application forms. Please add a copy of your diploma, a list of courses and your results per course. Without these we cannot evaluate your application.
- can be downloaded here: Official Website. and sent by e-mail to: [email protected]
- or are available at the Rectoraat of Hasselt University, Campus Diepenbeek, Agoralaan – building D, B-3590 Diepenbeek (Belgium), phone +32 – 11 – 26 80 10
The completed application forms must reach the above mentioned address no later than April 4th 2011.
Application by e-mail will only be taken into consideration when sent to the following address: [email protected].
Application Deadline : 4 April 2011